We all know about the exotic Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile, and we can envision the men in white robes riding in camels across the desert. But this book also brings us: irrigation and the production of a surplus of food; the religion that shaped the culture; hieroglyphs and the Rosetta Stone; the Pyramids & Sphinx; trade along the Nile and the Mediterranean; Queen Hatshepsut and Ramses the Great; and the Kingdom of Kush.
"Ancient Egypt and Kush" follows the geographic, political, economic, religious, and social structures of the early civilization of Egypt and Kush.
- How the physical environment gave rise to cities: Fertile Crescent, Nile River Valley, "Gift of the Nile," desert, annual floods, silt, delta, arable land, Memphis, Thebes, Luxor, Alexandria.
- Farming techniques, food surplus, division of labor, the emergence of cities as centers of culture and power, and the irrigation system.
- The relationship between religion and the political order: Afterlife, mummification, polytheism, pyramids, Book of the Dead, Tutankhamen, Valley of the Kings. Pharaoh, divine kingship, dynasty.
- The evolution of language and its written forms: Hieroglyphs, Rosetta Stone, papyrus, scribe.
- Discussion of the main features of Egyptian art and architecture: Great Sphinx, Great Pyramids at Giza, Abu Simbel, stelae, Seven Wonders of the World, corvee.
- Egyptian trade: Mediterranean and barges on the Nile valley.
- The significance of Queen Hatshepsut and Ramses II (a.k.a. Ramses the Great).
- The Kingdom of Kush: This section is outstanding!
- Daily life and greatest contributions
|#1 Lecture||Ancient Egypt|
|#2 Chart||What caused the rise of Egyptian cities?|
|#3 Graphic Organizer||What caused the rise of Eyptian citites?|
|#4 Game||Eyptian Facts and The Bell Game|
|#5 Writing Activity||What do you remember about Egypt?|
|#6 Chart||Geography is the “Queen of History”|
|#7 Mapping||Ancient Egypt|
|#8 Mapping||The Kingdom of Kush|
|#9 Game||The Chalkboard Game|
|#10 Internet w/ game Photos||of Ancient Egypt and The Bell Game|
|#11 Chart||What’s the weather like in Memphis? and This is Your Life|
|#12 Internet||If you lived in ancient Egypt, what would change in your daily life?|
|#13 Game||Daily life in ancient Egypt|
|#14 Game||Farming in Egypt and The Bell Game|
|#15 Game||Strength or Weakness? and The Bell Game|
|#16 Chart||What is a civilization?|
|#17 Group Analysis||Causes & Results|
|#18 Game||Inventions & Innovations and The Bell Game|
|#19 Chart||Was Ramses fat?|
|#20 Lecture||Religion: They were afraid of the desert...|
|#21 Student project||Death on the Nile|
|#22 Research w/ graphic organizer||Religion: Who, what, when, where, why and how|
|#23 Group Analysis||Life is like a rock group|
|#24 Group Analysis||Life is like a rock group|
|#25 Graphic Organizer||Compare & Contrast: Egypt & Mesopotamia|
|#26 Lecture||The Great Pyramids at Giza|
|#27 Graphic Organizer||The Pyramid|
|#28 Research||The Great Sphinx|
|#29 Research||Abu Simbel & Ramses the Great|
|#30 Debate||The Great Debate!|
|#31 Game||The ABCs of Egyptian Culture|
|#32 Graphic Organizer||Movement in and out of Egypt|
|#33 Research w/ internet||Hieroglyphs and the Rosetta Stone|
|#34 Speeches||Great Speeches|
|#35 Writing Activity||w/ internet Hatshepsut and Ramses II|
|#36 Writing Activity||Expressive Essay: I am Cleopatra|
|#37 Writing Activity||Narrative Essay: I am Cleopatra|
|#38 Writing Activity||Informative Essay: I am Cleopatra|
|#39 Writing Activity||Persuasive Essay: I am Cleopatra|
|#40 Student project||Students Teaach the Class!|
|#41 Game||The ABCs of Ancient Egypt|
|#42 Game||Talk like an Egyptian|
|Test||104 questions 70|
About Performance Education ToolBooks
Each ToolBook has 4 basic components:
- Lectures and Stories―provide the basic facts behind the subject being covered and help establish a framework for further learning
- Interactive Exercises―develop higher levels of skill through graphic organizers, maps, charts, timelines, important documents and links to other materials
- Games―Unique action Games, brain games and board Games are fun, exciting, encourage fast-paced learning, and provide practice in all 6 levels of Bloom
- The Tests―practice and preparation for the end-of-grade state tests, with hundreds of practice test questions.
THE BEST WAY TO BUY!
You can have 24/7/365 Access to every product and activity we publish. For a limited time only - 13 months for only $149!
Or purchase a single subject subscription for only $99.
You will never find a deal better than this one!