The world's first democracy and the birthplace of Western civilization. Ancient Greece—so exotic, so beautiful, so full of art and architecture, so mysterious, and so historic! Greece brought us so much, and it's all here in this ToolBook!
The topics covered in "Ancient Greece" include the geographic, political, economic, religious, and social structures of the early civilizations of Ancient Greece:
- The Aegean Sea: Trade among Greek city-states from the Aegean to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Forms of government: Tyranny, oligarchy, democracy, dictatorship.
- Citizenship: Pericles' Funeral Oration.
- Direct democracy and representative democracy. Daily life in Athens. Importance of the individual.
- Mythology: Greek gods and goddesses. The significance of Greek mythology to everyday life. How Greek literature shapes our literature and language today. Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. Aesop's Fables.
- The Persian Empire. The Persian Wars.
- Compare and contrast life in Athens and Sparta.
- The Peloponnesian Wars.
- Alexander the Great and the spread of Greek culture. The Hellenistic Age.
- Great contributors of art, philosophy, and literature: Hypatia, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Euclid, Thucydides.
|#1 Timeline||Timeline of Ancient Greece|
|#2 Group Analysis||Ancient Greece|
|#3 Internet||Photos: The Islands of the Aegean Sea|
|#4 Mapping||Ancient Greece|
|#5 Mapping||Examine your map!|
|#6 Student project||Draw your hand|
|#7 Lecture||Ode to an Olive|
|#8 Game||Greek Facts and The Bell Game|
|#9 Writing Activity||What do you remember about Ancient Greece?|
|#10 Internet||w/ game Photos: The city of Athens and The Bell Game|
|#11 Research||The Acropolis|
|#12 Graphic Organizer||The Parthenon|
|#13 Debate||The Great Debate|
|#14 Group Analysis||What’s the weather like in Athens? and This is Your Life|
|#15 Internet||If you lived in ancient Greece, what would change in your daily life?|
|#16 Game||Daily life in ancient Greece|
|#17 Game||The Land & The Sea and The Bell Game|
|#18 Chart||Field Trip: Visit a Greek restaurant|
|#19 Game||Strength or Weakness? and The Bell Game|
|#20 Graphic Organizer||Movement in and out of Greece|
|#21 Lecture||Greece had many types of government!|
|#22 Chart||Greece had many types of government!|
|#23 Graphic Organizer||Good Grief!|
|#24 Student project||Once you have democracy, is it possible to lose it?|
|#25 Student project||The Fried Egg|
|#26 Group Analysis||Pericles’ Funeral Oration|
|#27 Graphic Organizer||Direct Democracy vs. Representative Democracy|
|#28 Group Analysis||Greek Mythology|
|#29 Student project||Greek Gods & Goddesses|
|#30 Lecture||The 12 Olympians|
|#31 Game||Mythology Jumble and The Bell Game|
|#32 Game||The Chalkboard Game|
|#33 Writing Activity||Why the Sea is Salty|
|#34 Lecture||Greek Myths...How do they shape our language and literature?|
|#35 Lecture||The Iliad and the Odyssey...How do they shape our language and literature?|
|#36 Internet||Aesop’s Fables...How do they shape our language and literature?|
|#37 Internet||The difference between Spartans and Athenians|
|#38 Graphic Organizer||Athens vs. Sparta|
|#39 Lecture||w/ mapping The Persian Empire|
|#40 Writing Activity||Expressive Essay: I am Alexander the Great|
|#41 Writing Activity||Narrative Essay: I am Alexander the Great|
|#42 Writing Activity||Informative Essay: I am Alexander the Great|
|#43 Writing Activity||Persuasive Essay: I am Alexander the Great|
|#44 Game||Great Greeks and The Bell Game|
|#45 Game||Inventions & Innovations and The Bell Game|
|#46 Student project||Greek Inventions & Innovations|
|#47 Game||The ABCs of Culture|
|#48 Game||The Greeks in the Aegean Sea board game|
|#49 Speeches||Great Speeches|
|#50 Group Analysis||Life is like a rock group|
|#51 Group Analysis||Life is like a rock group|
|#52 Student Projects||Students Teach the Class!|
|#53 Game||The ABCs of Ancient Greece|
|#54 Game||It’s all Greek to me|
About Performance Education ToolBooks
Each ToolBook has 4 basic components:
- Lectures and Stories―provide the basic facts behind the subject being covered and help establish a framework for further learning
- Interactive Exercises―develop higher levels of skill through graphic organizers, maps, charts, timelines, important documents and links to other materials
- Games―Unique action Games, brain games and board Games are fun, exciting, encourage fast-paced learning, and provide practice in all 6 levels of Bloom
- The Tests―practice and preparation for the end-of-grade state tests, with hundreds of practice test questions.
THE BEST WAY TO BUY!
You can have 24/7/365 Access to every product and activity we publish. For a limited time only - 13 months for only $149!
Or purchase a single subject subscription for only $99.
You will never find a deal better than this one!