This collection of Daily Warm-ups covers all of our U.S. Presidents from Andrew Johnson to William McKinley, including: Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford Hayes, James Garfield, Chester Arthur, Grover Cleveland (twice!), and Benjamin Harrison. Any of our U.S. History ToolBooks covering the 19th century would be a more comprehensive complement to learn the historical events from 1865–1901.
About Performance Education Daily Warm-Ups
Daily activity using the “Predicting the Past” books and exercises:
- Reading: One student reads the story aloud.
- Predicting: The teacher asks the students to predict what happens to the famous person.
- Writing: Students write down their predictions, giving three bits of evidence.
- The Surprise Ending: Reading aloud, the teacher reveals what the famous person actually did.
- Character Education: Students evaluate the character and values of the famous person.