This ToolBook is a must for Black History Month. The Civil Rights Movement was a culmination of events and treatment of African Americans beginning with their freedom as a result of the Civil War, nearly 100 years earlier. Can you imagine not being able to drink from the same water fountain as your African-American friend? Or not being allowed to swim in the same pool? Or eat at the same lunch table, or even in the same lunchroom? You will after learning the lessons in this ToolBook.
The Civil Rights Movement toolbook covers:
- The Causes: 1776; World War II; the 14th Amendment; Brown v. Board of Education
- The Events: Montgomery bus boycott; Little Rock, Selma, Birmingham, Greensboro, the great March on Washington, and more.
- The People: Rosa Parks, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Thurgood Marshall, Bull Connor, George Wallace, and more.
- Dr. King’s Legacy: "I Have a Dream" and "Letter from Birmingham Jail."
- The Results: The Civil Rights Act (1964), Voting Rights Act (1965), 24th Amendment, and school integration. Plus the impact on women, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans.
About Performance Education ToolBooks
Each ToolBook has 4 basic components:
- Lectures and Stories―provide the basic facts behind the subject being covered and help establish a framework for further learning
- Interactive Exercises―develop higher levels of skill through graphic organizers, maps, charts, timelines, important documents and links to other materials
- Games―Unique action Games, brain games and board Games are fun, exciting, encourage fast-paced learning, and provide practice in all 6 levels of Bloom
- The Tests―practice and preparation for the end-of-grade state tests, with hundreds of practice test questions.
THE BEST WAY TO BUY!
You can have 24/7/365 Access to every product and activity we publish. For a limited time only - 13 months for only $149!
Or purchase a single subject subscription for only $99.
You will never find a deal better than this one!