Perhaps the largest crisis in our nation’s history, how did our financial system fall to the brink of near destruction so quickly and dramatically? What was President Hoover’s role? How FDR saved the day with his New Deal. And we now enjoy macaroni and cheese as a result of the 1930s pop culture. And it’s all experienced in this Toolbook!
The Great Depression ToolBook covers:
- The Hoover Years: From the stock market crash to Hoover’s defeat.
- The Causes: What caused the stock market crash?
- The Solutions: Compare Hoover and FDR. (From small government to big government. From laissez-faire to government intervention in the economy. From rugged individualism to the welfare state.)
- The Suffering: The Dust Bowl
- The New Deal: All the federal government programs from A to Z
- Organized labor: How the federal government legalized the right to collective bargaining
- Pop culture in the 1930s: Escapist movies, the soap opera, and macaroni and cheese.
About Performance Education ToolBooks
Each ToolBook has 4 basic components:
- Lectures and Stories―provide the basic facts behind the subject being covered and help establish a framework for further learning
- Interactive Exercises―develop higher levels of skill through graphic organizers, maps, charts, timelines, important documents and links to other materials
- Games―Unique action Games, brain games and board Games are fun, exciting, encourage fast-paced learning, and provide practice in all 6 levels of Bloom
- The Tests―practice and preparation for the end-of-grade state tests, with hundreds of practice test questions.
THE BEST WAY TO BUY!
You can have 24/7/365 Access to every product and activity we publish. For a limited time only - 13 months for only $149!
Or purchase a single subject subscription for only $99.
You will never find a deal better than this one!