In the course of one century from 1688–1789 three countries, world powers at the time, had a revolution. It was an unsettling time filled with strife and conflict. What were the causes and outcomes of England's, America's, and France's Revolutions? To what extent did each revolution preserve and protect individual rights? Explore their enduring effects worldwide on the political expectations for each country's self-government and individual liberty.
"The Three Revolutions" ToolBook compares and contrasts the revolutions of England, America, and France which spanned most of the 19th century: England's Glorious Revolution of 1688; The American Revolution of 1771 and its continuing significance to other nations; The French Revolution of 1789 and how Rousseau's philosophy led France from constitutional monarchy to democratic despotism to the Napoleonic empire and Nationalism.
REVOLUTIONARY THINKERS: Compare the major ideas of philosophers Locke, Montesquieu, Rousseau, Jefferson, Madison, and Bolivar and their effects on the democratic revolutions in England, the United States, France, and Latin America.
INTERPRET THE DOCUMENTS In this ToolBook you'll find each actual document, the list of the principles, and a full interpretation of each:
- The Magna Carta (1215)
- The English Bill of Rights (1689)
- The American Declaration of Independence (1776)
- The French Declaration of the Rights of Man (1789)
- The U.S. Bill of Rights (1791)
About Performance Education ToolBooks
Each ToolBook has 4 basic components:
- Lectures and Stories―provide the basic facts behind the subject being covered and help establish a framework for further learning
- Interactive Exercises―develop higher levels of skill through graphic organizers, maps, charts, timelines, important documents and links to other materials
- Games―Unique action Games, brain games and board Games are fun, exciting, encourage fast-paced learning, and provide practice in all 6 levels of Bloom
- The Tests―practice and preparation for the end-of-grade state tests, with hundreds of practice test questions.
THE BEST WAY TO BUY!
You can have 24/7/365 Access to every product and activity we publish. For a limited time only - 13 months for only $149!
Or purchase a single subject subscription for only $99.
You will never find a deal better than this one!