Not another World War! Perhaps the most haunting and scary of all of the great wars, World War II brought us Hitler and the horror of the Holocaust, great leaders such as FDR and Winston Churchill, and the destruction caused by the atomic bomb being dropped on Hiroshima. It will be difficult for students to not be totally enthralled with the lessons in this ToolBook.
The Modern World - World War II covers:
- The Causes: Treaty of Versailles, Great Depression, fierce nationalism, and appeasement. Debate: "What’s wrong with appeasement." Examine the balance of forces and then play "Name that Strength!"
- The War in Europe: Axis and Allies. Map how Hitler rolled through Europe. Quotations: Hitler vs. Churchill. The war in North Africa. Mapping: from D-Day to Berlin.
- The War in the Pacific: By mapping the battles, we tell the story of General MacArthur.
- The Leaders: Churchill, FDR, Hirohito, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, MacArthur, Eisenhower. We turned a timeline into a board game.
- Debate : "Resolved, President Truman had to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki."
About Performance Education ToolBooks
Each ToolBook has 4 basic components:
- Lectures and Stories―provide the basic facts behind the subject being covered and help establish a framework for further learning
- Interactive Exercises―develop higher levels of skill through graphic organizers, maps, charts, timelines, important documents and links to other materials
- Games―Unique action Games, brain games and board Games are fun, exciting, encourage fast-paced learning, and provide practice in all 6 levels of Bloom
- The Tests―practice and preparation for the end-of-grade state tests, with hundreds of practice test questions.
THE BEST WAY TO BUY!
You can have 24/7/365 Access to every product and activity we publish. For a limited time only - 13 months for only $149!
Or purchase a single subject subscription for only $99.
You will never find a deal better than this one!