Our country very rapidly progressed to becoming a world power, but struggled with the harshness of working in sweatshops and poor living conditions, learning to live and work with immigrants from other countries, the rise of industrial cities, and all of the political corruption that threatened the vision of our forefathers. How did we manage? Find out in the ToolBook!
"The Progressive Era" ToolBook covers the following topics:
- What was the Progressive Era? Why was the middle class angry? The crisis of African Americans. The New Woman and her reform: Jane Addams and Hull House.
- Living and Working Conditions: Photos, cartoons and other visuals that depict the horrible conditions that Americans endured in their daily lives.
- Mapping the rise of industrial cities.
- Learning through poetry: Andrew Carnegie’s "Ode to Steel" and Carl Sandburg’s "Chicago? City of Big Shoulders."
- The life and music of New York City.
- The Americanization Movement: The New Immigrants. The Melting Pot. Jane Addams and the Settlement House movement. Frances Kellor and the Americanization movement. Public schools, John Dewey and the Progressive movement
- The Red Scare: denying civil liberties to immigrants
- From political corruption to progressive reform
- The Trusts: Political cartoons explain the economic and political power of corporations. The Top 10 Reasons why the corporations needed government regulation.
- Social Darwinism: Social Darwinism v. the Social Gospel. What if your school was run by a Social Darwinist?
- The Progressive Party: Teddy Roosevelt, the Trustbuster; Oliver Wendell Holmes, Louis Brandeis, and landmark cases of the Supreme Court; The Election of 1912?why was this election so historic? Legislative impact of the Progressive movement; Woman’s suffrage; Income tax
About Performance Education ToolBooks
Each ToolBook has 4 basic components:
- Lectures and Stories―provide the basic facts behind the subject being covered and help establish a framework for further learning
- Interactive Exercises―develop higher levels of skill through graphic organizers, maps, charts, timelines, important documents and links to other materials
- Games―Unique action Games, brain games and board Games are fun, exciting, encourage fast-paced learning, and provide practice in all 6 levels of Bloom
- The Tests―practice and preparation for the end-of-grade state tests, with hundreds of practice test questions.
THE BEST WAY TO BUY!
You can have 24/7/365 Access to every product and activity we publish. For a limited time only - 13 months for only $149!
Or purchase a single subject subscription for only $99.
You will never find a deal better than this one!