The clothes! The dancing! The speak-easies! The three Presidents! Prohibition! The invention of the automobile! Yes, the 1920s were definitely roaring!
The Roaring Twenties covers:
- The Three Presidents: Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover
- Attacks on our civil liberties: The Red Scare in photos, political cartoons, and brief readings. Top Ten Reasons why the Red Scare was dreadful. Debate: Immigration Act of 1924.
- The emergence and horror of the Klu Klux Klan
- Causes & Effects of Prohibition. Debate: "Resolved, government needs to legislate morality."
- The New Woman: The impact of women’s suffrage. Outstanding women of the 1920s.
- The Harlem Renaissance: The Jazz Age; Marcus Garvey and Black nationalism; artists, authors, and musicians; Short story by Zora Neale Hurston and poems by Langston Hughes
- The impact of radio and film on American culture.
- Mass production: Henry Ford’s assembly line innovation and the impact of the automobile.
About Performance Education ToolBooks
Each ToolBook has 4 basic components:
- Lectures and Stories―provide the basic facts behind the subject being covered and help establish a framework for further learning
- Interactive Exercises―develop higher levels of skill through graphic organizers, maps, charts, timelines, important documents and links to other materials
- Games―Unique action Games, brain games and board Games are fun, exciting, encourage fast-paced learning, and provide practice in all 6 levels of Bloom
- The Tests―practice and preparation for the end-of-grade state tests, with hundreds of practice test questions.
THE BEST WAY TO BUY!
You can have 24/7/365 Access to every product and activity we publish. For a limited time only - 13 months for only $149!
Or purchase a single subject subscription for only $99.
You will never find a deal better than this one!