The best introduction to Eastern Europe. Beginning with an Introductory exercise on "How are you connected to Eastern Europe?"— Famous people from Eastern Europe, this ToolBook uses action-packed lessons, games galore, including "The Great Mapmaster", and country reports (using our thinksheets and articles from National Geographic). It is heavy on key terms, but we make them memorable through games and interactive exercises.
The "Eastern Europe" ToolBook covers:
Geography: The five themes of Eastern Europe's geography.
- Location: Mapping and mental maps. How to use an atlas, almanac, map and a globe. What to do with a political map, a physical map, and a blank map. "The Great Mapmaster": Students form a human map of Eastern Europe.
- Place: Use Internet photos to explain physical and human features. Using an atlas, play "Pin the Tail on the Carpathians." Where are the cities, and why there? Study a thumbnail profile of each city, then play "Name that city!" Memorize the capital cities, but "Don't look up!" Rank! (How does this city rate with you?) Board game: The consequences of urbanization.
- Interaction: What makes Eastern Europe such a fine food-producer?
- Movement: "You can't get there from here." How is Eastern Europe connected to the rest of the world?
- Regions: Facing the Baltic. The Landlocked. Facing the Adriatic Sea. Facing the Black Sea. And Russia.
Culture & History: The religions. The ethnic groups. Slavs and non-Slavs.
Economics: Analyze each economy, then play "Name that Strength!" Key terms: GDP, per capita income, levels of development, standard of living, literacy rate, and more. Then play, "Can you talk like an economist?" Challenges ahead: mapping the heroin trade.
About Performance Education ToolBooks
Each ToolBook has 4 basic components:
- Lectures and Stories―provide the basic facts behind the subject being covered and help establish a framework for further learning
- Interactive Exercises―develop higher levels of skill through graphic organizers, maps, charts, timelines, important documents and links to other materials
- Games―Unique action Games, brain games and board Games are fun, exciting, encourage fast-paced learning, and provide practice in all 6 levels of Bloom
- The Tests―practice and preparation for the end-of-grade state tests, with hundreds of practice test questions.
THE BEST WAY TO BUY!
You can have 24/7/365 Access to every product and activity we publish. For a limited time only - 13 months for only $149!
Or purchase a single subject subscription for only $99.
You will never find a deal better than this one!